We’d like to bet that when you first saw the picture, you had no idea this amazing pencil holder was made of drinking straws? We knew after first laying eyes on this quirky craft project that we had to share it with our readers – undoubtedly one of the most creative and stunningly simple we’ve ever come across!
VIEW IN GALLERY
Armed with nothing more than a box of household drinking straws, you’ll be able to whip up any number of these terrific tabletop accessories. Suitable for use around the home, the office, the classroom and anywhere else in need of a splash of color, they’re as fun to make as they are perfectly practical! And with a touch of imagination, you can make sure every single one you make is a unique work of art like no other!
VIEW IN GALLERY
Form, Function and Fabulousness!
The way we see it, there’s nothing better than a craft project that produces something useful and stylish from the simplest of supplies. These pencil holders tick all the right boxes and then some – all you’ll need to make your own is:
- A box of drinking straws (Colored)
- Brown cardboard tubes
- Craft glue or hot glue gun
- Pen or pencil
- Sharp scissors
- Small piece of cardboard
- Glue a small square of cardboard to the bottom of a cardboard tube and allow to dry
- Fashion as many straws as necessary into squares as pictured – secure with a little glue
- Place a little glue on the outside of the tube and add the straws, creating a twisted effect
- Allow to dry and add pens, pencils or anything else you fancy!
Of course there’s nothing to say you have to follow the guide to the letter – we personally love making a few changes here and there to come up with unique surprises every time! A few tubes, a bunch of straws and some glue – all you’ll need to make incredible art!
The post Eye-Popping Pencil Holders Made with Drinking Straws appeared first on WonderfulDIY.
Show Comments (0)