Children are fascinated with helicopters, airplanes, rockets and other objects that can fly. If you want your kid to still have fun, but don’t want to pay extra for this, then you can make a unique and eco toy, right at home. The DIY plastic bottle helicopter is just the perfect exampl
Making miniature representations of helicopters is a great way to use art to complement a lesson on the concept of gravity or modes of transportation. Creating helicopters out of recycled things from around the home, like plastic bottle, is inexpensive. It teaches children to be imaginative and models a simple way to reuse and recycle.
What you will need:
- Plastic bottle (with the lid on)
- Drinking straws
- Table tennis ball
- Hot glue
1. Cut the top part of a plastic bottle.
2. Poke a hole use scissors, and insert a straw into the hole, as the helicopter’s tail.
3. Cut a strip from the plastic bottle, staple it to two straws as shown.
4. Staple the strip to the bottle’s top part to finish the body of the helicopter.
5. Cut two straws, and put them perpendicularly over each other, then fix them on the top of helicopter with a pin. You can use hot glue to secure the pin in place.
6. Put and fix a ping pong ball in the open part use hot glue.VIEW IN GALLERY
More details: opencraftblog
Show Comments (0)