There are so many different projects and ideas out there to make fabulous nail art at home, but we’re sure you’ll agree that few come close to the impressiveness of this. Admittedly this DIY water marble nail art might take you a couple of attempts before you nail it (excuse the pun!), but just as soon as you get it right you’ll perhaps never even think about heading down to the professional nail salon again.
VIEW IN GALLERY
Amazing results and without the need for any specialist equipment – just the kind of DIY craft project we’re into! Go it alone or perhaps rope in a few friends to help you out, either way you’ll soon be coming up with the kinds of results you never dreamed possible.
What You’ll Need:
- Small bowl
- Two colors of nail polish of your choosing – select contrasting colors
- Vaseline or similar petroleum jelly
How it Works:
- Put a little paper down around the bowl you’ll be using to help minimize mess…it can get a little on the messy side!
- Add some water to the bowl and then add one small drop of the two nail polish colors to the water. Add the dark color first, then the lighter color right into the middle of the dark drop. Then the dark into the light and so on for about eight repetitions, allowing the polish to spread across the water’s surface each time.
- You can then use the toothpick to manipulate the colors to create a chain of hearts pattern like the one in the picture here. Start by tracing a straight line from the center to the cup’s edge, before doing the same in the opposite direction. Next, trace lines from the edged of the bowl at the sides inwards, around four times on each side – this should create an effect like the one you see here.
- Add a thin layer of Vaseline to the skin around your nail in order to prevent the polish from sticking to your skin.
- Use a clear or light-colored nail polish to your nails and allow them to dry well before going ahead.
- Dip your nail into the patterned liquid to transfer an incredible pattern from the water’s surface.
- Remove the excess polish by taking off the Vaseline
And here’s a quick video tutorial on how you can make water marble nails.
And Another Water Marble Nail Idea …
VIEW IN GALLERY
The post DIY Water Marble Nail Art With Salon Quality Results appeared first on WonderfulDIY.
Show Comments (0)