Admit it – these are just about the cutest little cookies you’ve ever come across, right? We have to hand it to the folks who came up with these – that amazing added touch of the teddy bear holding onto a single nut is almost too adorable to believe. Simple, effective and a breeze to make at home with no professional baking skills or equipment needed – you’ll soon find yourself with a whole army of these little guys just waiting to brighten your day!
VIEW IN GALLERY
- 110g four
- 20g potato starch
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- 10g honey
- 30g salad oil
- 40g beet sugar
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl until combined to make a smooth dough.
- Preheat the oven to 160℃ and use a bear-shaped cookie cutter to cut out as many bears as you like.
- Use a toothpick to create the added face and eye details on the bears, or any other added extras you like.
- Place a whole nut on the tummy of each of the bears, then curl their hands around the nuts to hold them in place.
- Place the cookies in the oven to bake for around 10 minutes or until done – turn the temperature down slightly if the bears brown too quickly.
What’s really great about this project is of course that you don’t have to use this specific recipe for the cookies – you can use any recipe or method at all. From coconut cookies to sweet honey biscuits and anything else that takes your fancy, it’s just a case of adding that cute little nut at the end.
Perfect for kids’ birthday parties or for a special treat at any time of the year, there’s always a good excuse to whip up a batch of these little guys that taste every bit as good as they look!
With love from Japan!
Show Comments (0)