VIEW IN GALLERY
This pink and black zebra cake is pretty enough for any occasion. Such as birthday,wedding …Isn’t this adorable? This looks fairly easy, too!!! Here we present you a quick and straight lesson on how to make a tasty and pretty pink zebra cake.
2 ½ cups all purpose flour (300 g)
2 cups sugar (400 g)
¾ cups vegetable oil (180 mL)
1 teaspoon vanilla (5 mL)
2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder (~11 mL)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk (240 mL)
white, pink, and black gel paste
Wilton tip 1A
1. Preheat oven to 350F/170F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer combine, flour, sugar, baking powder, vegetable oil and vanilla on low/medium until ingredients are mixed together.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low in between additions. Slowly add the milk while the mixer on and mix until all ingredients are completely combined.
4. Divide batter into three different bowls with one bowl having half of the batter and the other two have a quarter each.
5. Colour the large bowl with white colouring, and the smaller two with black and pink respectively. Mix colouring until no light streaks remain.
6. Spray two 8” pans with non-stick spray and line bottom with parchment/baking/wax paper.
7. Place four tablespoons of white batter into the center of each pan.
8. Then, directly into the middle of the white batter, place two tablespoons of black batter.
9. Directly into the centre of the black batter, place two tablespoons of pink batter. 10. Repeat white/black/pink batter additions until all the batter is used up or pans are ⅔ full.
11. Place pans into oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire wrack.
12. Once cake is cooled, level, stack and cover in white buttercream. To cut the fondant pieces, roll fondant out very thinly and using a rolling cutter (pizza or pastry) slice long, narrow stripes and arrange on white cake as desired.
13. To finish the cake off, using the pink buttercream with Wilton 1A tip, pipe a small beaded border along the bottom of the cake.VIEW IN GALLERY VIEW IN GALLERY
More details @ Cookies cupcakes and cardio
Show Comments (0)