VIEW IN GALLERY
Beer Mug Cupcakes with Baileys Filling are a perfect dessert for parties, St. Patrick’s Day, and barbecues! Is it a beer mug? Is it a cupcake? Good news; it’s both! And it’s filled with a sweet surprise!
You will need:
1. For the cake:
– 3 eggs;
– 1box (15.25 ounce) Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix;
– 1 1/8 cups of water;
– 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
2. For the whiskey cream chocolate ganache:
– 2 tbsp of Baileys Irish Cream;
– 2 tbsp of powdered sugar;
– 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream;
– 5 ounces of semi-sweet finely chopped chocolate.
3. For the beer mug cake wrappers and foam:
– 1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed;
– 30 ounces of white modeling chocolate;
– yellow paste food coloring;
Other special supplies: 10 half-pint (8 ounce) mason jars, baking sheets, non-stick cooking spray (with flour) and cupcake plunge or knife.
1. Prepare the oven by preheating it to 350ºF.
2. According to the package instructions make the cake mix using the water, oil and eggs.
3. Take the cooking spray and spray the mason jars then put them on the baking sheets.
4. Equally split the dough between the jars then bake them for approximative 20 minutes. You can check if they are ready with the help of a toothpick, if you insert it into the center of the cake and it comes out clean, then they are ready.
5. Take them out from the oven, let them cool for a few minutes then turn the jars upside down and remove the cakes. Leave them to cool down completely.
6. For the cream ganache you will need to do the following: put the chopped chocolate, the heavy whipping cream and the powdered sugar into a bowl that is safe to use in microwave. Heat the mix on high power for 30 seconds and let the bowl sit in microwave for 3 minutes. Stir the mixture until it’s smooth and then put the Baileys Irish Cream inside. Stir again.
7. Cut each cake until they are 3 inches tall and with the help of the cupcake plunger or knife create wells in each cake. Use the pictures for a better understanding of this technique. Pour some whiskey cream in each well.
8. Color with yellow food coloring an amount of 20 ounces of white modeling chocolate.
9. Roll out a non-stick mat (1/8 inch thickness) and cut 3 1/4 inch wide by 8-inch long strips.
10. Now create the indentations in the beer mugs by pressing a wooden dowel to the modelling chocolate and don’t forget to leave a 1/2 inch border along one edge because that will serve as bottoms for the mugs.
11. Take the strips and wrap them around the cake by creating the beer mug shape. Create nice mug handles and attach to the form. Use water to better handle the strips (to prevent sticking).
12. Before serving don’t forget about the “foam” so add some whipped topping to each one of your mugs!
image credit: goodshomedesign
The post Wonderful DIY Beer Mug Cupcakes with Baileys Filling appeared first on WonderfulDIY.
Show Comments (0)