How do you compare yarn sizes?
How do I determine yarn weight?
What are the yarn weight categories?
About Yarn Weight Categories
- Weight 0: Lace (Fingering 10-Count)
- Weight 1: Superfine (Fingering, Sock, Baby)
- Weight 2: Fine (Sport, Baby)
- Weight 3: Light (DK, Light Worsted)
- Weight 4: Medium (Worsted, Aran, Afghan)
- Weight 5: Bulky (Chunky, Craft, Rug)
- Weight 6: Super Bulky (Roving)
- Weight 7: Jumbo (Roving)
Can I use a different weight yarn?
Substituting yarn of a different weight is possible but it does take planning. There are other factors to consider as well, such as the size of the crochet hook and how tight you crochet.
How do I know if my yarn is worsted weight?
When shopping for worsted yarn, look for the word, “worsted” or a prominent number four on the yarn label. If both are absent, check the knitting gauge to see if it falls within 16-20 stitches for four inches of knitting.
What number is DK weight yarn?
DK yarn is equivalent to #3 Light on the Standard Yarn Weight System. It is often used for infant wear and lightweight garments. Gauge for DK is 5-6 stitches per inch on a US 4-6 needle.
Show Comments (0)