Essential and Desirable Properties of Textile Fibres | Characteristics of Good Textile Fibre
- Length and length variation. Length is an important parameter that determines the usefulness of a textile fibre.
- Capillarity and porosity.
May 9, 2021
How is yarn thickness measured?
Yarn thickness is measured using something called WPI, which stands for Wraps Per Inch. The idea is you wrap your yarn around a gap measuring 1 inch, and count how many strands you can fit in.
How do you read a yarn size?
What Yarn Labels Say And What To Look For
- The largest letters on yarn labels will be the company name.
- It will list the actual weight and length of the yarn, this one is 7 oz/198 grams and 364 yards/333m.
- Next is the color and color number.
- The dye lot (or lot) number is 456.
How do you make yarn thicker?
Show Comments (0)