How do I convert knitting patterns to different weight yarns?
How do I know what size knitting needles to use?
A simple guideline: Add the measurements (in millimeters) of the suggested needle size for each yarn and then use the needle that is closest in size to that number. For example, for a swatch of two strands of Wool-Ease Chunky, we added 6.5 mm plus 6.5 mm to get 13 mm. The closest needle size is 12 mm, which is a US 17.
What are yarn weight categories?
About Yarn Weight Categories
- Weight 0: Lace (Fingering 10-Count)
- Weight 1: Superfine (Fingering, Sock, Baby)
- Weight 2: Fine (Sport, Baby)
- Weight 3: Light (DK, Light Worsted)
- Weight 4: Medium (Worsted, Aran, Afghan)
- Weight 5: Bulky (Chunky, Craft, Rug)
- Weight 6: Super Bulky (Roving)
- Weight 7: Jumbo (Roving)
Show Comments (0)