As the exhibit “The Four Ways to Collaborate” shows, there are four basic modes of collaboration: a closed and hierarchical network (an elite circle), an open and hierarchical network (an innovation mall), an open and flat network (an innovation community), and a closed and flat network (a consortium).
How do you build collaboration within a team?
- Share the company’s mission over and over again.
- Communicate your expectation for collaboration.
- Define and communicate your team’s goals.
- Highlight individuals’ strengths.
- Promote a community working environment.
- Foster honest and open communication.
- Encourage creativity.
•Nov 21, 2019